Ohio National Guard returns for COVID-19 testing
On Wednesday, March 10, 2021, Heidelberg University will welcome back the Ohio National Guard to conduct free COVID-19 testing for the entire campus community. As described in the Spring 2021 Re-opening Protocols, Heidelberg will treat these National Guard testing events as mandatory surveillance testing events for all faculty and staff, unless otherwise exempted (please see below). Spouses, partners, and dependents residing in the employee's home are welcome to be tested on this date as well. While this testing is voluntary for students, we encourage ALL students to take advantage of this opportunity as an important and responsible step to help keep our campus as healthy as possible.
Testing will take place from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Seiberling Gymnasium. Please make every effort to come using the schedule below. If you are unable to attend at your designated hour, please attend at the hour that works for you.
- 10 a.m.-11 a.m. – last names beginning with A to G
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. – last names beginning with H to N
- 12 p.m.-1 p.m. – last names beginning with O to U
- 1 p.m.-2 p.m. – last names beginning with V to Z
There is one important addition to the testing process. We are asking everyone being tested to pre-register. This will expedite the on-site registration as well as decrease wait times.
Faculty and Staff, please use this link to pre-register.
Students, please use this link to pre-register.
* Everyone You will need these important instructions for completing the pre-registration form.
Here is some additional info that will be helpful:
- You do not need to be tested on March 10 if you have tested positive in the past 90 days.
- Student-athletes, coaches, athletics administrators and athletic trainers who are currently participating in the NCAA surveillance testing protocol on campus are also exempt from this testing but are welcome to participate if they choose.
- Temperature and symptom checks will be conducted before entering Seiberling Gymnasium.
- If you are exhibiting symptoms, you will be directed to a designated location inside Seiberling.
- The test will be administered by trained military medical personnel.
- Results are expected within 48-72 hours. You will receive instructions for checking your results. If you are asymptomatic, you will not be required to quarantine while you await your test results.
If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms now, do not wait for this testing. Faculty, staff and family members should immediately contact their personal healthcare provider. Students should contact Stoner Health and Counseling Center at 419-448-2041 for guidance.
Please wear your mask and observe social distancing at all times during testing.
Heidelberg is grateful for this opportunity with the Ohio National Guard to help us mitigate the spread of COVID-19 on our campus as we all work to maintain a healthy spring semester. If you have any questions about our campus COVID-19 testing on March 10, please call Stoner Health and Counseling Center. And, mark your calendars for the two remaining Ohio National Guard test dates this semester: April 7 and May 5.