Financial aid is available. Please visit Beth Kagy in the Financial Aid office to find out what aid is available to you.
Deadline for application: Sept. 30 for spring semester, Feb. 28 for fall semester
Please consider the countless benefits of studying abroad. You will encounter new cultures, mature as a person, become more self-reliant, self-assured and add the experience to your resume. Employers and graduate schools typically look very favorably upon those who have studied abroad.
Semester, Year or Summer Programs
- American Junior Year at the University of Heidelberg: Study at Germany’s oldest university. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about this program. A summer program in German & European Studies is also available.
- Oxford Study Abroad Programme: Study in England at Oxford University, one of the world’s most famous institutions. You’ll sign up for two or three tutorials, whereby you and your professor meet for weekly conversations to discuss reading and writing assignments. Minimum GPA: 3.2.
- Spanish Studies Abroad: Study in Seville, Alicante or Barcelona, Spain; San Juan, Puerto Rico; Havana, Cuba; or Cordoba, Argentina. Contact Dr. Cindy Lepeley for more information about these programs. Minimum GPA: 3.0.
- Cemanahuac Educational Community: Study in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Contact Dr. Lepeley for more information. Minimum GPA: 3.0
- IRSS: Study in the UK or Ireland.
- University of Ulsan: Study in Ulsan, South Korea for a semester or year. Summer Ulsan International Program also available. Minimum GPA: 3.0.
- University of Glasgow: Study for a semester at the University of Glasgow in Scotland. Program is only available to Honors students, especially those majoring in the sciences. Minimum GPA: 3.0 (though some courses require higher).
- Business Academy Aarhus - Study in Aarhus, Denmark for a semester or year at one of Denmark's largest business academies. This program is great for business and computer science majors. Some summer options also available.
- Hanze University of Applied Sciences - Study business, science, or humanities in Groningen, The Netherlands.
There are possibilities for study abroad almost anywhere in the world. Heidelberg has affiliations with programs that offer study in various countries around the world such as American Institute for Foreign Study (AIFS), the Council on International Educational Exchange (CIEE), International Studies Abroad and Semester at Sea.
Through these programs, our students have studied in places such as Italy, Australia, South Africa, Ghana, Morocco, England, Turkey, Korea and Costa Rica.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Short-Term Study Programs
Heidelberg faculty regularly take classes or groups on trips abroad. In recent years, faculty members have taken students to Italy, Greece, Turkey, Germany, Scotland, Belize, Mexico and Canada.
Should you have questions regarding study abroad please contact:
Director of International Affairs & Studies, Campus Center 324