Students: Fill out the FAFSA for 2021-2022 School Year
2021-22 Financial Aid Process
www.studentaid.gov | APPLY BY FEBRUARY 1, 2021
School code: 003048
Most students who filed a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the 2020-21 academic year will receive a 2021-22 renewal email reminder directly from the Department of Education. The reminders will continue through January.
If you filed your FAFSA on the web last year and have a valid email address, you will receive a renewal reminder email. If no email address was provided you will receive a reminder renewal letter.
Please complete your 2021-22 FAFSA by February 1, 2021.
2021-22 FAFSA Form Tips
1. We recommend filing the FAFSA by February 1, 2021.
2. Please use 2019 Federal Income Tax information.
3. Use the IRS data retrieval tool when completing the FAFSA.
4. You will receive notice that your Student Aid Report is available to view online. Please review it carefully and contact our office if corrections need to be made.
5. Grants and scholarships received do not have to be reported as taxable income unless they total more than your cost of attendance.
IRS Data Retrieval
Students and parents are able to electronically retrieve their tax data from the IRS when filing or updating the FAFSA. Those tax filers who are married filing separately will NOT be able to use this tool. The federal processor will continue to send emails encouraging families to return to the FAFSA on the web to use this tool if they didn’t when they filed their initial FAFSA.
Tax Return Transcripts
Students and parents who are unable to successfully use the IRS data retrieval on their FAFSA may request an IRS tax transcript from the IRS here. Please request Tax Return Transcript. NOT Tax Account Transcript.