Residence Life & Housing
Residence Life & Housing

Commuting & Living Off Campus

Heidelberg University requires all traditional-aged college students to live on campus. Students may be permitted to live off campus by meeting one of two sets of qualifications listed below. Please note that students must re-apply to continue their status each year.

Commuter Status

An application for commuter living is required of all students who wish to travel to school from the primary home of a parent or legal guardian. Students who wish to apply for commuter status must re-apply each year and meet both of these requirements:

  • Reside with their parent(s) (legal guardian)
  • Reside within a 35-mile radius of Heidelberg University, determined by Google Maps, from 310 E. Market St., Tiffin, OH 44883

Off-Campus Status

Off-campus living is a special privilege granted to a limited number of students enrolled at Heidelberg University. An application/contract for this living arrangement is required of all interested students.

A student may apply for off-campus housing if they meet one or more of the following requirements:

  • Student is 23 years of age or older before Aug. 20. Age will be verified with University records.
  • Student is married. Copy of marriage license must be submitted with off-campus request.
  • Direct care of a legal dependent. Copy of birth certificate must be submitted with off-campus request.
  • Successful completion of 75 credit hours from Heidelberg University as of Jan. 1 of the prior year and a 2.75 cumulative GPA. Academic status will be verified with the Registrar.
  • Participation in required internship/student teaching, and placement is further than 50 miles from campus. Documentation of location of internship and approval to participate in internship must be submitted with off-campus request.

There will be a cap of 60 on the number of students approved to live off campus; therefore, approval to live off campus cannot be guaranteed, even if a student qualifies. Once a student is approved to live off campus by the Campus Life Office, a landlord agreement form must be submitted. Landlord agreement forms are due by Aug. 1. Room and board charges will be assessed if all documentation is not complete.


Commuter forms for new student applicants should be submitted as soon as the student is admitted to the University.

Contact Information

Teresa Schmidt
Administrative Assistant

Campus Center
Tiffin, OH 44883


Mon - Fri: 8:00am - 5:00pm

Our Team

Kristen Giaquinto
Assistant Director of Residence Life and Department Generalist
Campus Center
Dennis LoConti
Assistant Director of Residence Life & Department Generalist
Campus Center 206
Teresa Schmidt
Administrative Assistant for Residence Life & Housing
Campus Center 209
Teresa S
Mark Zeno
Assistant Dean of Student Affairs
Campus Center 208