Residence Life & Housing
Residence Life & Housing

To be eligible to participate in the housing selection process, a student must be registered full time (12 credit hours) and not have any holds on their student account. In addition, students must complete a returning student housing application and accompanying contract through MyHousing (accessed through OASIS). Students who will be on Off Campus Study (OCS) during fall semester should contact Campus Life before returning to campus to review housing options. Students who are on OCS during spring semester can participate in the housing selection process online through MyHousing.

Students who will be on a stop-out/readmits should contact the Admissions Office prior to their return to campus. Students who graduate, withdraw or are not registered for fall classes full time (12 credit hours) are not eligible for the lottery process. Housing will be assigned at a later date for those who register for fall classes after the lottery process ends.

Visit the Document Library for additional information on Heidelberg fees and charges.

All students living in University housing are required to sign a housing contract. This agreement is binding for the entire academic year. It outlines the terms for students who live in campus-managed housing. The housing contract is available by visiting MyHousing through OASIS and clicking on "Login to Apply Online." The housing contract and returning student housing application are available here and must be completed before a student may participate in housing selection.

Only students who have enrolled for 12 or more credit hours for the fall/spring semesters may apply for housing.

The University reserves the right to fill any housing space that becomes vacant due to withdrawals or leaves that occur after the room lottery process. Students currently living in the room/apartment/house will be offered the opportunity to fill a vacancy within five business days. After set time, the Residence Life Office has the right to assign a student to that available space or move a student from one room to another room (consolidation).

Not all rooms will be available for room lottery. Rooms have been reserved for resident assistants, students with special needs and incoming first-year students. A list of available rooms will be updated and made available through MyHousing during the lottery.

  • Brown Hall is reserved for first-year students.
  • Krieg Hall is reserved for first-year students.
  • King Hall is reserved for first- and second-year students to the greatest extent possible.
  • Williard Hall is reserved for junior and senior students only.
  • Senior Apartments are reserved for juniors and seniors only.
  • France Hall is reserved for female students only.
  • Miller Hall is reserved for sophomores, juniors and seniors only. Upper-class transfers may be housed here as well.
  • Talmage Hall is available for all classes. Some rooms will be set aside for first-year, transfer and honors students in this building.

Students with physical or psychological needs that require any special residential facilities or space should submit a request to Disabilities Intervention Team (DIT) in The Owen Academic and Career Support Center. Some examples of special residential needs include but are not limited to: single rooms, air conditioning, elevator access or private bathrooms.

There are several forms that must be completed by a licensed medical professional as components of any request to the DIT. Forms are also available from the Owen Academic and Career Support Center in Campus Center. Special accommodations will not be provided by Campus Life without approval from the DIT. Submitting a request does not guarantee the need can be met. Students must re-apply for special accommodations each academic year.

Heidelberg has only a few single rooms available for the lottery process and are available on a first come/first served basis. Therefore, it is strongly recommended that students select a roommate prior to housing selection. Students may choose a roommate by logging in to MyHousing, clicking on "Login to MyHousing" and visiting the "Roommates" menu option. Students will be able to select roommates online in the days prior to housing selection.

Returning students who want to room with a first-year or transfer student may participate in the lottery process. The returning student should contact Campus Life with the name of the new student. The new student may only be involved in the returning student housing selection process if they have been accepted to Heidelberg, paid their enrollment deposit and submitted the new student housing application and housing contract through MyHousing.

If a vacancy occurs in someone’s room after housing selection, Campus Life will re-assign the bed to another student.

The Campus Life Office will maintain a waiting list for single rooms over the course of the summer. This list will be created after the returning student housing selection process has taken place. All other housing options that open during the year will be made available at the Campus Life Office's discretion through the room change process.

An application for commuter living is required of all students who wish to commute. Students who currently commute must re-apply each year. Applications for commuter status must be submitted to the Campus Life Office. Students who wish to apply for commuter status must reside with their parent(s) or legal guardians home within a 35-mile radius of Heidelberg University. Students approved for commuter status found living elsewhere will be assessed room and board charges for the academic year. Further information and an application are available on the Commuting & Living Off Campus page.


First Year FAQs

Move-In Day for first year students in the Fall is the morning of the Friday before classes start. Students will complete verification in Wickham Great Hall (Campus Center), then go to their residence halls to pick up keys. Your housing assignment email (sent to your Heidelberg email account) will provide you information regarding your room assignment, roommate, and other resources that will help you get acclimated to Heidelberg University.

In general, students are expected to move in on their scheduled date, just prior to classes starting.

Students will complete a housing application, which will be used to place them with a roommate. Students will receive information regarding their room and roommate assignment in their campus e-mail account. We suggest that you make contact with your roommate before moving in to coordinate large purchases.

Your room will have the following items per person: a bed, mattress, desk, desk chair, dresser, closet or wardrobe, overhead light, blinds, and an ethernet connection for each resident's computer. There is also a connection for cable television, but you must provide your own coaxial cable. Local phone access will be available if a student requests service through CNIT.

If you're looking for ideas or to purchase approved items for your room, please visit OCM.

Heidelberg University hosts a number of conferences over the summer. Afterwards, the custodial staff must prepare the rooms for fall. As a result, rooms are not available to students until they check-in. Students who would like to see a sample showroom (if available) may contact the Office of Admissions to set up a campus tour.

Heidelberg University has a very limited number of single rooms; therefore the Campus Life Office is unable to grant a single room to every student who requests one. The Campus Life also believes that having a roommate is an integral part of a student's academic and social success. When students are granted singles, priority is given to students who are upperclassmen and to those who have a disability or medical condition who require a private space. Students may contact our office with questions regarding availability.

First-time students with a disability or medical condition that may require specialized housing should submit a request to the Disability Coordinator in Stoner Health, Counseling & Disabilities Center by March 1 for Fall semester, and by October 1 for Spring semester. The Stoner Health, Counseling & Disabilities Center will ask for documentation, some of which must be completed by a licensed medical professional. Forms are available from the Stoner Health, Counseling & Disabilities Center in Campus Center or online. Submitting a request is not a guarantee that approval will be given, especially if the Stoner Health, Counseling & Disabilities Center does not receive complete documentation by the dates listed above.

Examples of medical conditions include, but are not limited to:

  • Asthma
  • Allergies
  • Temporary or permanent physical disability
  • Mental or psychological disorders

Accommodations made are dependent upon the individual's situation, but may include:

  • Single rooms
  • Air conditioning
  • First-floor housing or access to elevator
  • Semi-private or private bathroom

Note: the Campus Life Office will only make accommodations for students if they are approved by Stoner Health, Counseling & Disabilities Center.

First-time students choose their meal plan on the housing application. This information is forwarded to our dining services provider. If a first-time student needs to change meal plans prior to the first day of classes, they may contact Campus Life, who will communicate this change.

Heidelberg students may choose from three different meal plan options, which are all priced the same (See Business Office website for current pricing).

Flex Dollars can be used to purchase meals at our other on-campus dining locations. The cost of your meal is deducted from your account at the time of purchase, using your student ID card. As an alternative to carrying additional cash, students on any plan may purchase additional BergBucks, which work in a similar manner to Flex Dollars.

Each residence hall now has wi-fi access. In addition, each room is also equipped with cable and data access. Each room has one cable outlet, two data ports and one phone line (landline is not active unless request is made through CNIT). In order to log on to the Internet, you will need an Ethernet adapter in your computer. For more information on computer requirements visit our recommended systems page.

You may want to bring a coaxial cable to connect your television; the University does not supply these. Floor and common lounges also have cable service.

Heidelberg mattresses are extra long or 80 inches. You can check out Heidelberg University’s extra–long linen program to purchase your linens, comforters, and towels to complete your room. For information about this program, please call toll-free 1-800-957-4338 or order online at   Information will also be available during your orientation session.

Krieg has carpeted rooms, while Brown, France, King, Miller and Talmage do not have carpet.

You may bring a refrigerator (4.3 cubic ft or smaller). Heidelberg does not rent or sell refrigerators.

For the convenience of residence students, laundry facilities are located in the basement or common areas of the each building. All laundry fees are included in the room rental fee. Information regarding laundry services will be provided in August at the first floor meeting!

You can by using a correct address on all your mail, catalogs, bills, packages, magazines, cards, and letters. To get all those care packages to you quicker use the following address and be sure your name is on the mailed item:

Student Name
Berg Box Number (will be assigned during orientation)
44 Greenfield Street
Tiffin OH 44883

  • Eat breakfast.
  • Take the stairs. (Some buildings have elevators, but the stairs are your fastest way to get through a building.)
  • Stay hydrated. (Water will be provided in the lobbies of each building.)
  • Utilize the help. (Students, faculty, and staff will be volunteering their day to help move you in.)
  • Pull up to the drop off location for your building, unload, and then move to your building’s designated parking location.
  • If you pack in crates, boxes, trunks, suitcases, etc., have Mom and Dad take them home at the end of the day. We do not provide storage space in the building for those items.

Each building is staffed with an RC or Residence Coordinator. The RC is, generally, a graduate student working on their master's degree. Your RC will serve as a helpful resource within your building and on campus. An RA, or Resident Assistant, is an upper–class student living on your floor that has gone through extensive training to cope with issues that may affect college students. RA’s help facilitate community discussions and create a community conducive to learning.

Further questions?

Call the Residence Life Office at 419-448-2058 or email at

Contact Information

Campus Center
Tiffin, OH 44883

(419) 448-2058

Our Team

Dennis LoConti
Director of Residence Life
Campus Center 324
(419) 448-2214
Kristen Snyder
Assistant Director of Career Services
Campus Center 326
(419) 448-2058