On-Campus COVID-19 Testing
On Wednesday, May 5, and Thursday, May 6, Heidelberg University will conduct free COVID-19 testing for the entire campus community. Testing will take place from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. in Stoner Health & Counseling Center. This will be the last mass on-campus testing day before the end of the semester.
The location, the additional day, and the medical personnel administering the testing is a change from the previously announced Ohio National Guard testing, scheduled for May 5.
This day is considered a mandatory surveillance testing event for all faculty and staff, unless otherwise exempted (please see below). Spouses, partners and dependents residing in the employee's home are welcome to be tested on this date as well. While this testing is voluntary for students, we encourage ALL students to take advantage of this opportunity as an important and responsible step to ensure they are healthy as they depart campus for the summer.
Some of you have asked whether you should be tested if you have received one or both doses of your COVID-19 vaccination. The answer is yes, we are encouraging everyone to please still get tested, regardless of current vaccination status.
If you plan to be tested on May 5 or May 6, please make every effort to come using the schedule below. If you are unable to attend at your designated hour, please attend at the hour that works for you.
- 10 a.m.-11 a.m. – last names beginning with A to G
- 11 a.m.-12 p.m. – last names beginning with H to N
- 12 p.m.-1 p.m. – last names beginning with O to U
- 1 p.m.-2 p.m. – last names beginning with V to Z
We are asking everyone being tested to be sure to download the NAVICA app onto your smartphone or tablet in advance of your test. The app pairs with Abbott’s BinaxNow rapid antigen tests currently being used by the health center and allows people to store, access and display test results. It’s available from both the App Store for Apple devices and Google Play Store for Android devices. Just search for NAVICA and follow the steps to install the app and create your account.
Here is some additional testing info that will be helpful:
- If you have tested positive for COVID in the past 90 days, you do not need to be tested.
- If you are a student-athlete, coach, athletics administrator or athletic trainer currently participating in the NCAA surveillance testing protocol on campus, you do not need to be tested.
- Temperature and symptom checks will be conducted at the health center prior to testing.
- Testing will be administered by trained Heidelberg medical personnel.
Those experiencing COVID-19 symptoms should not wait for this testing. Faculty, staff and family members should immediately contact their personal healthcare provider. Students should contact Stoner Health and Counseling Center at 419-448-2041 for guidance.
Please wear your mask and observe social distancing at all times during testing.
If you have any questions about our campus COVID-19 testing on May 5, please call Stoner Health and Counseling Center.