Heidelberg students who have returned to Heidelberg University after 5 years from a past attendance are eligible for the Academic Fresh Start policy, when applicable. Read the full policy in the Academic Catalog.
This form is used to register beyond the last day to add, request to enroll into more than 12 hours in one full semester; or, drop beyond the last day to drop. All other registrations are completed online in OASIS.
Independent Arrangement Policy Academic departments may offer a course via independent arrangement. To consider approval for an independent arrangement, the course must be required within the student’s degree program; the student must have no more than 60 semester hours remaining in their degree program; and, the student is unable to take the course through no fault of the student, e.g. the course is not scheduled at a time the student can take it, and there are no course substitutions available to the student. Students with time conflicts between courses will complete a Time Conflict contract.
An independent arrangement must be agreeable to the faculty member offering the course, the student, department chair, associate dean, and provost when applicable. Completed forms will be returned to the Office of the Registrar.
How do I apply to take a course Pass/Fail?
- Download the Pass/Fail Request Form at the bottom of this page.
- STUDENTS: Complete Part A and Save As
- Title it as “PassFail_CourseCode_YourName” - example: PassFail_HIS106_BobSmith
- Email the completed form to your Academic Advisor (as listed in DegreeWorks).
Please cc firstname.lastname@example.org when you forward the form to your advisor.
- ACADEMIC ADVISOR: If approved, will follow Steps 2 and 3, except fill in their name in the Signature of Advisor and the Date in Part B, then Save and forward to the instructor of the course.
Please cc email@example.com when you forward the form to the instructor of the course.
- COURSE INSTRUCTOR: If approved, will follow Steps 2 and 3, except they will fill in their name in the Signature of Instructor and Date in Part B, then save and forward to the Department Chair of your major or minor or the Honors Department Chair for an Honors course.
Please cc firstname.lastname@example.org when you forward the email to the applicable Department Chair.
- DEPARTMENT CHAIR: If approved, will follow Steps 2 and 3, except they will fill in their name in the Signature of Major/Minor/Program Chair and Date in Part B and forward to the Registrar’s Office for processing.
- Please note that your Advisor, course faculty, and Department Chair will review your request and either approve or deny. They may require a virtual meeting with you for clarification and/or discussion before making their decision, so be available.